23 September, 2016
UON computer networks and systems are undergoing preventative maintenance this Saturday starting at 5:00pm Friday September 23rd and ending at 8:00pm Saturday 24th September 2016.
This means that there will be no student printing and intermittent access to the following Library systems between 8:00am to 8:00pm Saturday 24th September:
- Library catalogue – NEWCAT+
- Loans, renewals or requests
- ejournals and ebooks
- All staff Sierra modules
- Requesting via BONUS+ etc
For details about non-Library systems affected please check out the IT Service Portal.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
20 September, 2016
The UON Library in celebration of Newcastle China Week 2016 invite you to explore our extensive collection of books, ebooks and streaming videos, for you to discover more about China and it’s people.
14 September, 2016
Find ebooks by searching NEWCAT+ Library catalogue, or by searching an ebook collection. Check out the ebook guide for more information.
The UON Library ebooks are designed for research and can be read on any desktop or laptop computer and on a number of smart phone/tablet devices.
Remember if you have borrowed books you can avoid Library fines by renewing your loans in time and online
- View your record in MyLibrary
- Type in your Student/Staff/Library card number and PIN, click on your name (in blue) in the top right hand corner of NEWCAT+
- Select the items you wish to renew and click on the ‘Renew Selected Items’, or ‘Renew All’ button
- Scroll down the page to check that items have been renewed
- It is your responsibility to ensure the items have been renewed successfully
The following items cannot be renewed:
- Items recalled or reserved for another patron
- Items that have already been renewed the maximum number of times
- Course Readings
7 September, 2016
A collaborative ‘Create 2308’ project called the “Quote Hive” can be found in the Auchmuty foyer.
Come and have a look, add a quote (use our Australian literature collection for inspiration if you wish) and be part of the week long across-campus celebration.
5 September, 2016
Thanks to everyone for entering but there can only be one winner and that is
We will post all entries on this page. *remember to make your pictures public
Terms and conditions
5 September, 2016
When: 11am – 2pm, Monday to Friday during Semester 2
Where: Huxley Library (in the front window, near the Service area) and Auchmuty Library (Reading Room, level 3)
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
Peer Writing Mentors are UON students here to provide you with advice on developing your writing skills. Bring along a hard copy of your writing, the assignment question and the marking criteria. The Peer Writing Mentors can:
- Give you advice about study skills, writing and referencing.
- Offer general feedback about your writing or discuss ideas and concerns with you about your work.
- Show you strategies for how to do something (e.g. Use a referencing style, analyse a question and interpret marking criteria, structure an essay, use a writing or note taking planner).
- Provide you with referral to other services for futher assistance.
The mentors can not correct your work, but can provide advice about any areas that need improvement.
Whether you need time alone or you’re feeling social, whether you need help or just want to explore the shelves, remember the library is the heart of your studies.
And if you don’t study on campus keep in touch via Instagram, Library News blog, or Twitter