31 May, 2017
If you have any outstanding debts with the University of Newcastle, including Library fines, you will not be eligible to re enroll or receive your exam results and academic records.
Please check MyLibrary in NEWCAT+ to view any outstanding charges/fines.
- Pay fines online here
- Enter your student number, staff number or library card number
- Select the fines you wish to pay or part pay
- Select your preferred payment method (Visa, Mastercard, Paypal)
- Enter your email address for your receipt to be sent
- Enter payment details in the secure form
- Once payment is complete it will take a few minutes for your University record to be cleared
Any issues? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fine payments can also be made:
- Online via Credit and Debit Cards + Paypal
- At the Library via Eftpos + Credit Card
- By phone via Credit and Debit Card +61 2 49215850 during library hours
30 May, 2017
National Reconciliation Week celebrates achievements in our journey towards reconciliation. In 2017, these milestones mark significant anniversaries:
The UON Library supports reconciliation with its Indigenous collection at the Huxley Library recently winning praise from the State Library of NSW Indigenous Services.
29 May, 2017
You now have two choices for printing:
• A new FollowMe option
• The existing printing option
FollowMe printing lets you use your UON ID card to release and pay for printing at any Library multifunction printer/photocopier (MFD).
• No cover sheets
• No charge for uncollected printing
• Release and collect your printing at the same time
• Less opportunity for print jobs to go missing
Easy to use:
• Stay at your PC until you’re ready to print and collect your work
• You have 24 hours to release and collect printing at any Library location of your choice.
Need help? Ask the Library
23 May, 2017
Need to de-stress? The Library is your space. Here’s some ways to help look after yourself.
Relax with coffee and friends in our Information Commons.
Book a study space for group work and brainstorming.
Find that quiet space for a little down time.
Book a Librarian for help with those tricky questions.
Watch a movie or check out a good book.
Find useful resources for your topic with our Subject Resource Guides.
Use our CHAT service or get face-to-face online help from a Librarian.
Are you a night owl or an early bird? Information Commons and the Learning Lounge are open 24/7.
The Library has music, books, movies and lots of online resources to help you relax. Search for ‘relaxation’ or ‘stress management’ in NEWCAT+ our Library Catalogue.
And remember – our friendly Library staff are always here to help.
17 May, 2017
Saved searches in OVID and associated databases, such as Medline, are currently unstable.
UON IT Services are currently working towards a resolution with a third party vendor.
12 May, 2017
Pleased be advised Oxford Journals are experiencing technical problems and are urgently working towards a resolution.
There may be intermittent slowness and timeouts when attempting to connect to the database.
Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
10 May, 2017
When you use information or ideas that originally appeared in another work you must acknowledge that source. Learn the basics of referencing with this short Referencing tutorial.
For more information visit our website for Referencing.
Learn more about Peer Reviewed journals or follow this link to our information literacy and academic integrity InfoSkills tutorial.