The Australian National Data Service (ANDS) is facilitating a one-day geospatial workshop/seminar event in Melbourne.
Melbourne: Drones and Big Spatial data – Challenges and Opportunities
(1 day seminar/workshop)
Mon, 9 Oct, 9.00am-4.45pm, at University of Melbourne. Register
- Keith Russell, ANDS/Nectar/RDS – Introduction to FAIR data principles
- Sarah Murfitt, Deakin University – Applications of unmanned aerial vehicles for mapping coastal processes and intertidal marine habitats
- Lisa Frye / Brendan Zwaaniken, DELWP – Negotiating barriers & managing risks with RPAS: Innovating Approaches to Regulations, Permits, and Safety
- Alena Moison, DELWP – A Platform for storing, processing and sharing Victoria’s open drone data
- Nathan Quadros, CRCSI – An automated workflow to ensure end users capture LiDAR and drone data which meets their needs
- More speakers to be added
- Xavier Goldie, AURIN – Introduction to AURIN facilities: Software and tools · Nathan Quadros, CRCSI – Point Clouds and QA4LiDAR
- ·Fabiana Santana, University of Canberra – How drone data could be used in modeling? A case study applying the BCCVL
Places are limited. Please register for this workshop through our Eventbrite.