Please be advised there is maintenance work being carried out around the Auchmuty Learning Lawn. This has impacted Learning Lounge access for our mobility impaired patrons.
The following procedures have been put into place to allow for continued 24hr access to this room:
- Access the Learning Lounge whilst the Library is open
- Access is available via the AIC and through the level 3 foyer.
- The lift next to the Shortland Student Hub provides access to level 2.
- A 24hr lift behind the Library in the Life Science building also provides access to level 2.
- Access the Learning Lounge whilst the Library is closed but the AIC is open
- Enter the Learning Lounge by asking the AIC desk staff member to contact Security.
- Security will escort through the library to the Learning Lounge on level 3.
- To exit the Learning Lounge, contact Security for an escort. Use either the internal phone (located on the wall) or a mobile.
- Access the Learning Lounge whilst both the Library and AIC are closed
- Contact Security directly.
- Inform them of the need to be escorted through the Library and into the Learning Lounge. This also applies when exiting the building.
For your information a temporary notice has been placed on the AIC entry doors explaining this process. It includes Security’s contact number – 49218888.