Don’t fall into the TRAAP of using poor quality sources.
Did you know that the Library can help with your research and assessments? Evaluating your information sources is a crucial step in the research process. We can help you to determine which sources may be better suited to academic research than others.
Use the TRAAP framework to evaluate your information sources:
- Timeliness – when was it written?
- Relevance – depth and importance?
- Authority – who or what’s the source?
- Accuracy – how reliable and correct is it?
- Purpose – why was the information written?
Check out our TRAAP video which shows you how to apply the criteria, evaluate your sources and get better marks.
Have a question? Ask the Library