This week at the Central Coast campus we are celebrating National Student Volunteers Week with a Volunteer Expo.
You can learn a variety of ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ skills from volunteering. Benefits of volunteering include:
1. Challenging yourself
- gain work experience
- make professional contacts
- build your confidence
2. Being the Change
- making an impact in the community
- increasing awareness of important issues
- raising funds to support the work of volunteer organisations
3. Celebrating each other
- Encourage others to get involved
- Share your story on social media or with friends and family
- Promote inclusion and diversity
Have you volunteered before?
Pop into the Central Coast Library and let us know:
- Who do you volunteer for?
- What have you gained from your volunteer experience?