The sharing of informational, educational, and entertainment resources online has become more important than ever with responses to COVID-19 such as self-isolation, quarantines, places of work closures and possible school closures. To that end, we wanted to share some fantastic kid’s (Australian and U.S) online resources with parents and carers in case you and your children need any extended time at home.
- ABC Kids – games, things to make and stories to listen to
- ABC Kids Playschool – play a game, watch a video and make and do
- Questacon – cool stuff to see, make and do for a variety of ages
- CSIRO Double Helix – science (including dinosaurs!) blogs and information for older children
- Australian Museum Discover and Learn – some great dinosaur (yes, we still love dinosaurs), spider and other animal information aimed at older children
- Busy Toddler’s 40+ Best Indoor Activities
- National Geographic Kids – online games, videos, animal facts, and fun geography facts
- Arcademics – free and paid learning-based games for grades 1-6
- Math Playground – math games for kids grades 1-6 with premium games currently available for free
- National Gallery of Art’s NGAkids Art Zone – for access to the NGA kids app which has interactive activities and art-making tools
- Steve Spangler Science – science experiment ideas and instructions
- PBS Learning Media for Students – free health, science, math and art videos and activities
Do you have any free, educational sites that you would like to share? Leave us a comment below!